NCAER is currently engaged in a project on land tenure security. You would be expected to provide legal research inputs for this project. This includes understanding the current legal landscape in India on a specific question/field, researching on experience in other jurisdictions, and outlining the possibilities for policy change in the Indian context.
Qualification, Experience and Demonstrated Skills
- You must have a bachelor's degree in law (LLB).
- Prior work experience would be desirable.
- Very strong written and spoken English.
- Experienced in the use of office software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
- Being comfortable using various open-source programs like LaTeX would be advantageous. While prior knowledge of these programs is not necessary, you must be willing to learn these once you join.
- You should have your own laptop and have internet access as this work will be essentially to be done from your home.
- You must be comfortable in working in an inter disciplinary research environment with people from varying backgrounds such as economics, law, public policy and data science. You must be curious and passionate about research and must be willing to work on independent outputs as well as in teams.
- You will be reporting for work to a consultant based in Mumbai, working with NCAER, or any other officer designated by NCAER. If necessary, depending on the requirements, you may also need to work in the office of the consultant.
A salary that is competitive and commensurate with the experience of the right candidate.
The contractual appointment is initially for a period of one year.