Aspiring for a corporate law role?
Below is a collection of some technical questions that were asked of candidates in their entry-level corporate law role interviews.
Topics covered include the Companies Act, general corporate processes, Insolvency and Bankruptcy code, MSMEs, Contracts.
Please note that these top 30 technical questions are only meant to be used as guidance. We recommend that along with being thorough with the subject, in theory, you are also aware of the latest developments and key trends in the area.
1. What are the obligations of a director?
2. What kind of shares can be issued in a start up?
3. When should a company issue stock rather than debt to fund its operations?
4. Is the dividend paid on common stock, taxable to shareholders?
6. What are the legal risks of a merger?
7. What information do you evaluate before the company enters a business partnership with new vendors?
8. How would you explain a complex legal procedure to a client?
9. What is the difference between IFRS vs legal maintenance of capital?
10. What are the effects of money laundering regulations?
11. What steps can a company take to reduce the potential liability of its directors?
13. What indicators should be used on assessment of small and medium companies’ bankruptcies?
14. What happens in NCLT?
15. What are the fiduciary duties of a director?
16. What is the difference between representations, warrantees and covenants?
17. What are the different organization structures in India and how do they differ from each other?
18. How can top foreign companies build its presence in India?
19. What are the recent regulatory changes affecting corporations in India?
21. How should an AGM be held? Do all companies need to hold it?
22. How are the rights of minority shareholder protected?
23. What are the steps most innovative companies must take before making an initial public offer? When is the best time for a company to make an IPO?
24. What is the order of creditors in liquidation?
25. Tell us about a recent commercial deal that intrigued you.
27. What is the difference between marketplace model and inventory model in ecommerce?
28. What are Government Bonds?
29. How is dealing with a corporate client different from dealing with an individual?
30. What is your take on the recent Union Budget?
For General Interview Questions and Top Interview Tips for Fresh Law Graduates, click here.